MBP freezes while on battery power

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Baba Ganoush, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Baba Ganoush macrumors member

Ever since it seems like I updated to 10.5.3 it seems my MBP freezes within seconds of being on battery power. The whole desktop freezes up and the rainbow balloon starts spinning. It usually happens also when a webpage is loading in firefox. Could that be the problem or is it something else? It seems that if i run the mouse across the dock once or twice then it freezes up completely and the dock is froze up in the zoom. Any ideas?

2. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Unless that's a typo, update to 10.5.4 unless you have a specific need to stay on 10.5.3. I would download this utility and use it to uninstall Firefox (back up your bookmarks) and download it again from their website.

Hell, why don't you open up disk utility and verify/repair permissions while you're at it.

Start in this order and keep going down the short list if this doesn't solve your problem.

1. Restart your machine if you haven't rebooted in over a few days.
    2. Reset pram while you restart
    3. verify/repair permissions with disk utility (from the Finder press command shift u to open up the utilities folder and select Disk Utility)
    4. uninstall / reinstall firefox if you think that's the culprit of your crashing
    5. Post your results in this thread

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Do what KingYaba said and back up your files just in case.

4. Baba Ganoush thread starter macrumors member

I have updated to 10.5.4 this issue started to happen after I updated to 10.5.3 when that update came out. Thats what I meant.:eek:

5. Schmoe0013 macrumors regular

Schmoe0013

6. Baba Ganoush thread starter macrumors member

Ive been using appcleaner for the past few months and it works like a charm.