Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mapletian

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 12, 2007
hi, i am planning to get a MBP 2.4, BUT i have asked all the shops and they do not have them in stock until end of Sep. i have called Apple online and they told me i will get it for 2-3 weeks, which is faster than the shop.

so is it a good way to buy it online? is it always better to deal with people rather than an online store hidden by a call centre? is there any disadventages to buy it online like different to get help when the mhine has problem and it needs to return it?

wat do u recommand me to do? online or shops?
thx

triddent222

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2007
Somewhere interesting
are there any other Apple Stores near you? My "local" Apple store didn't have any 2.2Ghz Models on stock (or any other 15.4" for that matter), but I called my "not so local" store and they had a couple laying around. You might want to check out that, plus I dont believe Apple is not going to be re-stocking their most popular laptop line! (at least, IMO).

Though the Apple Online Store is very reliable, I do prefer dealing with real people on a real store.

NTGuy

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2007
I just recently bought a MBP 2.2 from the online store. I called before hand to get all the back to school details and then ordered! Nothing but good experiences and quick results with them. My Ipod, Ipod case and printer all shipped the day I ordered them!

Mgkwho

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2005
Seriously, the time is coming where the MBPs will be updated. I bet they will be refreshed around the time when Leopard comes out. So if I were you, I would wait.

Last year I bought mine, and two weeks later the second gens were released.

-=|Mgkwho

mapletian

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 12, 2007
Seriously, the time is coming where the MBPs will be updated. I bet they will be refreshed around the time when Leopard comes out. So if I were you, I would wait.

-=|Mgkwho

ok, i want to make myself to believe that , but what can MBP update to? there is no new cpu, no new graphic card, whatelse can it update? last year it upgrade to cd to c2d, and that is make sence.

Zianac

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2007
Florida
Even if you think there's gonna be an MBP update soon... you still gotta remember that Leopard is right around the corner... It might be good to wait for that update anyway. I would if I didn't already have a MBP

bobcan

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2007
Sunny but Cold.. Canada
Same as Always....

-=|Mgkwho

I got mine from local University Comp Store; Stock 2.4 MBP; 160HD; 2GB Ram; ordered on Friday 4pm and had it Tuesday at Noon.. I was Shocked!! You should Always Buy One when U need One... if U need it to make $$, Go get it... If it's to Play Around on then wait til U like it more...

No matter what, the next one is ALWAYS gonna be Bigger/ Better/ Faster... Oh Well!! :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.