MBP - Full Stop X2?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by saxondale., Nov 14, 2006.

  1. saxondale. macrumors 6502

    May 20, 2006
    This might be normal but my MBP C2D has a little full stop on the right corner, level with the main one...is that normal?
  2. Mr.Gadget macrumors 6502


    Sep 19, 2006
    Post Falls, ID
    What is a full stop??
  3. Balli macrumors 6502


    I think you Americans call it a period?
  4. AlwaysRight macrumors member

    Sep 17, 2006
    Send a picture if you can and then we will be able to tell you
  5. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor


    Staff Member

    Jan 20, 2005
    That's the decimal point for when Num Lock is activated for number keypad mode.
  6. Anonymous Freak macrumors 603

    Anonymous Freak

    Dec 12, 2002
    WildCowboy is correct. The smaller characters on the 6, 7, 8, 9, 0, -, u, i, o, p, j, k, l, ;, m, ., and / take effect when num lock is on. Apple calls this the 'embedded numeric keypad'.

    7, 8, and 9 happen to correspond to themselves, as does . (full stop/period,) but the other little 'lower right corner' symbols are to duplicate a numeric keypad of a full size keyboard. (The 'c' on 6 is for 'clear', not the letter c.) One of my major gripes about the Dashboard calculator is that its keys don't conform to the layout of a standard Apple keypad, including the 'embedded numeric keypad' on notebooks.

Share This Page