MBP Games

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Techtech, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Techtech macrumors newbie

I want to try playing a game on my MBP. Does anybody know where I can download some for free/recommend popular games?

2. mgartner0622 macrumors 65816

mgartner0622

Well to try out popular game demos and at least get a feel for them, you can download demos @

www.apple.com/games

Other people might have some better sites, I know there are a couple great mac games that are free but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

3. Corndog5595 macrumors 65816

Do you have steam? I can send you a 3 day pass to CS:S

4. Techtech thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you @mgartner0622.

...And no i do not have steam, idk what that is! Lol

5. Techtech thread starter macrumors newbie

I just created a steam account. Yes, can you please send me a 3 day pass to CS:S

6. Techtech thread starter macrumors newbie

Which I'm assuming is Counter-Strike: Source? lol

7. Corndog5595 macrumors 65816

Steam is a great application that is basically an iTunes for games.
    They released it for Mac a few months ago, and since then the creators (valve) have been porting their own games and selling them on their.

Since the release for Mac,the Mac game library has been growing and growing.

Edit: I can tomorrow. Send me an email with your username so I can add you so and so i dont forget.

CJConnor5595@comcast.net

8. Syonidism macrumors regular

its a portal for downloading and playing games as well as a great newssource for upcoming games/events and it patches and updates all the games in your library automatically as well as give the player some other achievements to complete.

among other things, if youre new to mac and gaming its a must.

9. elleana macrumors regular

Watch out for their sales, they can get very nice pricing on games. I picked up the complete Civ IV (base game, 2 expansions and colonization) for the princely sum of $9.99. Everywhere else still sells the Mac version for something like $39.99 just for the base game.