MBP Glass trackpad - 'click' or 'tap'

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gkerr4, Nov 3, 2008.

1. gkerr4 macrumors member

Hi folks - sorry about this, I did a search but couldn't find anything definitive.

I was just wondering if the new glass trackpad on the MBP's could be used by 'tapping' or if you actually have to depress the whole pad every time to 'click' it?

does that make sense?

I currently have a Nov07 MBP (15") which has the button at the bottom but I hardly ever actually use the button - I prefer to simply move my finger on the pad and then 'tap' when I need to - two finger tap is the "right click" (i'm a recent convert from windows!)

I really like how this works but fear if I replace my MBP with a new one then I will have to actually press the whole pad down to use the hidden button.

so my question is - can the new ones be 'tapped' or do I have to press the button from now on?

thanks,

2. raymondu999 macrumors 65816

Basically, it has the functions of all the older trackpads, including tap to click. But you can do press to click as well now. So both can be done:)

3. blurb23 macrumors 6502a

Yep, I hardly ever "click" my trackpad. I always just tap it.

4. blurfonz macrumors regular

Usually or rather all the time I will tap it.... Maybe when I wanna click and drag I will. :) Depends!! but i would love just to tap!

5. gusious macrumors 65816

gusious

I don't click my trackpad because i don't want trackpad button to loose so...

I know it's lame but...!:D:p