MBP Glossy

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by carfac, Jun 7, 2008.

1. carfac macrumors 65816

carfac

I was looking at getting a MBP, but I am thinking I want the Glossy screen. I really only see the matt screen on Amazon- can I get the glossy from them, or is that only available at Apple?

2. tcmacintosh macrumors regular

I don't think amazon gives you a choice. If you buy a macbook pro the matte screen is standard so amazon probably only sells matte screens. I have a macbook and i wish it had a matte screen. The glossy screen gets dirty very easily and is a pain to clean. You have the option of glossy or matte at an apple store though.

3. Genghis Khan macrumors 65816

Genghis Khan

if you want glossy, go for it. it makes the pictures look so much more shinier. the only reason to stay matte is that you do graphical work that you'll be printing off (glossy slightly distorts the colour)

4. SamoanDude macrumors regular

Yea Amazon and Newegg only sells matte screens. Apple and look at pricewatch.com if you want to save tax and get a glossy. (I LOVE glossy)

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Yeah a glossy screen makes colours over-saturated. Also, the glare you get every time a light is directly behind you while you're on your laptop can be a pain in the ass. They're difficult to clean, and if you edit photos, you're going to have a harder time with a glossy screen.

6. mankar4 macrumors 6502a

mankar4

This is true, however, glossy screens do look much better.