MBP Goes Dark After Waking From Sleep

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ColdFlame87, Nov 6, 2007.

1. ColdFlame87 macrumors regular

Recently and after installing Leopard Ive noticed that when i set my computer to sleep by closing the mbp, and then waking it from sleep by opening the mbp the screen no longer displays anything it i completely blank. The HD and computer itself appears to be running but nothing is displayed on the screen the only way to fix this is by force shutting down and restarting the computer anyone have any similar issues if so is there any way to fix it. It is very frustrating because now i must shut my computer down everytime im not using it.

2. DaveTheGrey macrumors 6502a

DaveTheGrey

I had the same issue and I noticed that it happened when I opened the lid too slow. Like pushing the button, but waiting a second before opening the lid. When it happened, I closed the lid again, waited for the led to start pulsing and opened it faster. When I did this, the screen went on, but after some time I noticed several other problems. (like my cursor jumping around) :(

I decided to reinstall (archive and install) my System. Now everything works flawlessly. :)

MBP 2.2GHz
    2GB RAM