MBP goes extremely stupid after battery emptied

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by deadkennedy, Mar 26, 2011.

1. deadkennedy macrumors 6502

Not just that it goes stupid, it goes stoopid Windows style. Wireless network gets disconnected, and not remembered, time is set to something like year 2000, some weird date. So I have to reconnect the wireless, and set the date, which then launches all sorts of cron jobs I have set up. All mess and takes quite some time to get back in the business.

Wouldn't it be nice if after battery drain it would at least not reset the clock? Maybe even remember what wireless I was on? Does anyone else have similar problem?

2. deadkennedy thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks man, so the post says "it's probably bad pram battery".

How do I verify this?
    What to do if it is verified that this is the cause? Go to Apple and pay hundreds of bucks to repair?

It really feels like having some rubbish HP with Windows on it. And I'm the one who was usually lucky with purchases :/

3. deadkennedy thread starter macrumors 6502

4. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I'd take it to the Apple store and let them check it out. They can verify if it's the PRAM battery and can tell you how much expense, if any, is involved in fixing it.

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

The latest machines do not have a PRAM battery; since the internal battery is designed not to removed that is the PRAM battery; if you run the internal battery dry, it will reset your date, disconnect your wireless, etc.—how to fix? Don't run your battery dry.

7. deadkennedy thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh my god, where are the good old Thinkpad days :/ Is this a "just don't hold it that way" kind of issue?

Anyway, I see we won't get far here, I'll need to call Apple.

8. deadkennedy thread starter macrumors 6502

Apple store where I live is rather useless, bunch of dudes who are technically not equipped to help and always in some sort of rude hurry.