MBP goes pale from time to time(??)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cms2, Feb 19, 2008.

1. cms2 macrumors 6502

cms2

I've noticed from time to time that after my mbp wakes up from sleep all the colors will be a little bit off. I can't quite put my finger on it but everything sees slightly blue and subdued. Then it will suddenly "snap" back to normal and all the colors will be fine again. Sometimes this takes a few minutes, and in the mean time everything on the screen looks sickly.

It's just so marked because the mbp has such a beautiful display. Is my graphics card going out? I've had the laptop only since last august. Is it the screen? Or is it normal behavior? :confused:

2. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

r u running windows vista in bootcamp? my screen is exactly like what you've described every single time I boot into Vista.

3. cms2 thread starter macrumors 6502

cms2

^ no, just 10.5.2. I don't know if it ever did this before the update.. I'm not sure

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

How old is your MBP, perhaps it's loading the color profile specific to the MBP LCD? Sometimes it might take 1 or 2 seconds on my MBP.

5. cms2 thread starter macrumors 6502

cms2

Sorry, I should have specified. I bought it new in August 2007 -- it's a mbp 2.2 Ghz C2Duo with 2 GB Ram, SR, glossy.

6. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

you should give it more multivitamins...:D

my dads mbp had this problem...its nothing serious, as long as it goes away after a min or two.

7. diehldun macrumors 6502a

I HAVE THIS EXACT SAME PROBLEM! Everytime I tell people this (or for that matter, the Apple Store), I often get wierd stares. It's whenever you wake the computer up from sleep, it turns into a wierd shade that you often get when playing around with the display settings (under "color", see "sRGB IEC61966-2.1" or "Adobe RGB..", etc.). It's that same, unpleasant color tone .

Oddly, for me, the only solution to this is actually click on System Preferences, click Displays, Colors, and usually it will automatically revert/switch back to the normal settings. It'll probbaly go away in a minute or two, but I really can't stand the "pale-blue" color, so I manually override it immediately.

Anyone know why this is happening to us? FYI I also have a MBP, bought in October :confused:

8. cms2 thread starter macrumors 6502

cms2

That's actually what prompted me to post something today; I had never been really sure that it was a problem, as it tends to happen when I wake the computer up in the morning, I thought my tired eyes were playing tricks on me. But then twice I've noticed that if I go under system preferences and click display, then color, without changing any settings it dramatically snaps back to the brilliant colors I'm used to! Ok. So there's a few of us out there... Any help?