MBP going a bit sluggish?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by gadgetgirl85, Jul 10, 2007.

1. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I had the battery replaced yesterday (if that may have anything to do with anything) but when I type emails/move around etc everything seems a bit slow. Is there anything I can do?

Just to expand on my post, I've tried running my Windows partition and that seems to be going as fast as anything, its only my mac partition thats sluggish?

2. ecks618 macrumors 6502

ecks618

I think I am im the exact same position as you. The funny part is my battery was also replaced yesterday because it would display random % left and would shut off because of it. It also runs extremely sluggish at times and simple tasks can take a long time. Ugh, what to do, what to do.

3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Seems odd that the battery would cause a slow down, but to prove a point how about removing the battery and just try running it on mains for a while?

4. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

I'm sure you've checked but just in case... the battery optimization - It isn't set to "better battery life" or anything, is it?

</shot in the dark>

edit, after reading post below me - yup - another screenshot added.

Attached Files:

5. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

You can also change processor performance in there somewhere too. I think there options were LOW, HIGH, or AUTOMATIC :confused:

iBlue is right though, if your hard disk is constantly spinning down because of power saving options this will make everything feel slower while it spins back up again every time you want to access something.

6. bartelby macrumors Core

Without the battery the processor slows to 1GHz apparently.

7. coogee macrumors regular

Should the Put the hard disk(s) to sleep when possible box be checked? For Power Adapter and Battery?

8. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

Everything seems to be set up ok in energy saver I think? Mine isnt set to better battery life