MBP going a bit sluggish?

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
I had the battery replaced yesterday (if that may have anything to do with anything) but when I type emails/move around etc everything seems a bit slow. Is there anything I can do?

Just to expand on my post, I've tried running my Windows partition and that seems to be going as fast as anything, its only my mac partition thats sluggish?

ecks618

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2006
NYC
I think I am im the exact same position as you. The funny part is my battery was also replaced yesterday because it would display random % left and would shut off because of it. It also runs extremely sluggish at times and simple tasks can take a long time. Ugh, what to do, what to do.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Seems odd that the battery would cause a slow down, but to prove a point how about removing the battery and just try running it on mains for a while?

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
I'm sure you've checked but just in case... the battery optimization - It isn't set to "better battery life" or anything, is it?

</shot in the dark>

edit, after reading post below me - yup - another screenshot added.

Attachments

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
You can also change processor performance in there somewhere too. I think there options were LOW, HIGH, or AUTOMATIC :confused:

iBlue is right though, if your hard disk is constantly spinning down because of power saving options this will make everything feel slower while it spins back up again every time you want to access something.

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
Seems odd that the battery would cause a slow down, but to prove a point how about removing the battery and just try running it on mains for a while?
Without the battery the processor slows to 1GHz apparently.

coogee

macrumors regular
May 28, 2007
Should the Put the hard disk(s) to sleep when possible box be checked? For Power Adapter and Battery?

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
Everything seems to be set up ok in energy saver I think? Mine isnt set to better battery life