Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chefwong

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
1st time I've had to send my new 15" MBP for service. I'm a network engineer by trade....and was even using it this morning. The place I was working was a bit staticy...and I guess I fried my ethernet port. Everything else works fine, including airpot. But my trade job...I am constantly plugging in via hard line.

So just short of running Super Duper, any do or don'ts on what I should do before I send it in. Do I include my battery, or even document any damage-non damage of the unit prior to sending it in ?

gollum

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2007
NKY
Did you ever replace hard drive or RAM?
I was told by the Apple Store they both had to original or it would void warranty. But then again he said just replacing the hard drive on the current MBP would void it so maybe he was wrong about that too.

isaki87

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2008
Santa Monica, CA
Did you ever replace hard drive or RAM?
I was told by the Apple Store they both had to original or it would void warranty. But then again he said just replacing the hard drive on the current MBP would void it so maybe he was wrong about that too.

That is false, the replaced non original parts are not covered under APC. However, if those parts are the cause of the problem, then your warranty is cancelled.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.