MBP, GPUs and dreams!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bubble27, Aug 4, 2008.

1. bubble27 macrumors regular

If Apple wanna be a step infront of the other laptop lines in GPUs they should take action!

We all know that the next gpu will be toshiba/asus' middle range gpu! they always are...especially in the 17" models. Ok ok apple is 1" thin etc.
    Im just saying why dont they come up with like an Apple TV that is 768mb/1tb of Nvidia or ATi graphichs. Plugs in via Ethernet 3.2gb/s ;) and from there gives you more gpu power to run it on!!

This will never really happen but it would be so cool if they found a solution that wont change the design of the notebook.

plus no one games on the move so you wont need the hardware which works out keeping any model of gpu to work whilst being mobile.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

You're saying... something like the DuoDock? A docking station with greater graphical power? Nice idea, but they tried it...

3. Abhorred macrumors member

From the title, I thought that I'd finally found someone else who's even dreaming about the new MBP. My hopes have been dashed.

The stress of this is killing me, here.

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

So they should just make the ExpressCard into x16 speeds and then make an external video card solution!

5. bubble27 thread starter macrumors regular

Oh whaaaat!!!???

Did they? Do you have any links to do some reasearch on this topic?

6. m1stake macrumors 68000

This stuff already exists and is a total waste of money and time.

7. Firefly2002 macrumors 65816

I'm sort of amazed you figured out what on earth he was even trying to say (I couldn't parse it in any meaningful fashion), but wasn't the DuoDock almost a necessity given the paucity of ports the laptop had?

8. nephilim7 macrumors regular

yeah check out http://www.google.com ! new site! type in words and get back more words!
    :D

9. zsft macrumors regular

news of that stuff has been out for a while. but i dunno if it's actually in production.

google ati xgp.

10. Yixian macrumors 65816

11. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

Hot damn!!! I could run Crysis on max with that! Or if the OP was referring to regular RAM and not VRAM I could run every operating system that VMWare supports at once!

Also the DuoDock was a ugly useless and a waste of money! DuoDock and anything slightly resembling it are dead and long gone as long as Steve is alive.

Don

12. Yixian macrumors 65816

By the way, this ATI AGP majigger requires a certain kind of PCI slot, will the MBPs even have that?

13. monkey86 macrumors 6502

monkey86

if mac were/are interested in games the mbp would have the slot/capacity for such hardware.

for design/graphics/music - 2d apps (and 3d modelling) require a certain amount of power that a laptop cannot have (due to cooling etc.) a laptop/notebook is portable and not configured for gaming/hardcore gpu intensive apps.

they are supposed to be used in conjunction with a tower :p