MBP graphics help needed. Updating drivers on a 2010 MBP?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Alaskanmac, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Alaskanmac macrumors member

So I've been having HORRIBLE lag on any java based games on my 2010 15" i5 MBP and I'm guessing it has something to do with my graphics drivers.

I was looking up infromation about installing new drivers and most people were linking: http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/

I went onto this site but am a bit lost

Can I download any of the nvidia drivers that are in the 64bit windows 7 section? (I am running 64 windows 7 via bootcamp)

I always thought different drivers were made for each different video card, is this not true?

Also, does overclocking increase performance greatly? Would I be wise to do some research and possibly overclock to get better performance in games?

And finally, what else could be making Java based games lag horribly? I have the newest version of Java and all other games (sc2, wow, lotro) run fine, but games like minecraft and wurm online are hardly playable.

2. xi mezmerize ix macrumors 6502a

xi mezmerize ix

Get the one from the Nvidia website. That's what I did a few days ago and everything works great.

3. ssn637 macrumors 6502

Agreed
    The latest Nvidia Video drivers for Windows 7 32- and 64-bit (V260.89) are compatible with the MacBook Pro without need for modification of the nvao.inf installation files.