MBP Graphics Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TSE, Mar 10, 2008.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

I am trying to run Age of Empires: II Mac Edition on my MBP with the specs below. It goes through the into movie great, but then goes to the desktop and has a window that says,"Could not initialize graphics system. Make sure that your video card and driver are compatible with DirectDraw.

Error."

Any fix?

2. davinche macrumors regular

davinche

I read somewhere you need to set the resolution to 800x600 for the game to start...

3. TSE thread starter macrumors 68030

4. dmb3886 macrumors regular

5. sparrowhawk13 macrumors newbie

Having the EXACT same issue trying to play AoE II on my Penryn system (same specs). I tried installing the 1.0.5 patch, which enables you to switch to 256 color mode and disable intro vids (which work fine), but that just gives me a different error. Something about "DrawSprocket cannot switch to the selected resolution (800x600, 8-bit, 1 buffer(s))" My monitor DOES switch to 800x800, and selecting the 256 color option should disable the default 'thousands' color setting, but I'm still having no luck. Which error is easier to fix, the direct draw or the draw sprocket?

6. tmac33 macrumors newbie

I am having the EXACT same problem. I called Macsoft Support and they had no idea.

7. padré macrumors regular

age of empires III

I'm expierencing an equal problem with age of empires III, I start up run the game for 3 minutes and then it just freezes, unable to do anything, forced to shut down the computer and restart it, any suggestions ?

8. kutxitril macrumors newbie

Any suggestion to "800x600, 8 bit, 1 buffer(s)" problem?