MBP hangs on boot up

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Dekema2, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Dekema2 macrumors 6502a

Dekema2

I'm using the brand new 13" 8GB rMBP that I got today. I decided to transfer only important data from a Time Machine external hdd. That took about 25 minutes. That wasn't too bad, although it left 28 GB free on my SSD. If I could take everything out of Time Machine and create a separate storage method within my other partition I would, but I don't know how.

Back on topic, a spinning wheel appears on restart forever. Although I selected certain folders to include I can't see what the issue is. I tried a safe boot and that didn't seem to work, but Disk Utility and Install OSX do. What could I do to go back to the way I was, and then move some files if possible?

2. Dekema2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dekema2

Just a quick update, I did things such as safe boot, disk repair, etc. and at the end of the day, realizing it was a brand new MBP I just wiped the SSD and reinstalled OS X. It's working now, but my question is how can I take my files I want that will fit onto my 128 GB SSD off of my Time Machine external HDD, without using Migration Assistant? I'd like to take everything out of Time Machine and put it in the other partition on my hard drive just for storage, and then delete the Time Machine partition and use it solely for backing u this machine, but I don't know how to do this safely.