MBP Hard Cases

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BigMoo, Dec 23, 2010.

1. BigMoo macrumors member

Hey everyone, i was just curious as to whether or not you guys prefer putting a hard case on your MBP, and if so what kind do you use? I have one that i bought off of ebay for like 15 bucks that does the job pretty well.

2. Built macrumors 68020

I have only ever used the clear Speck Shell for both my late 2007 MB and my mid-2010 MBP.

3. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

Do you mean like a plastic case that literally goes over the MBP at all times or a hard case used for transporting in which you take the MBP out of the case to use?

4. parkjoony macrumors newbie

I don't think you really need a hard case, just a sleeve is good enough for carrying it around imo.

5. gbredneck macrumors member

Speck covers all the way

As a relatively clumsy individual and being new to the whole mac thing, oh and a bit of a tart when it comes to be seeing scratches on kit, i picked up speck cases for both the 13 and the 17, and they are definitely worth having, have already dropped the 13 inch one and had to replace it, but better that than a dent in the casing.

6. dizmonk macrumors regular

As a new MBP convert... I read a lot of reviews. I came to the happy conclusion of using the Black Speck shell case. I use that and also carry it around in a big ole backpack.

7. djasterix macrumors 6502a

djasterix

I just have a sleeve, I like the aluminum on my MBP, I'm just a little careful to avoid scratches or dents. BTW mine is 7 months old and still on mint condition...

8. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

9. ldobson macrumors regular

Have the 13" went with the clear Speck case, gives you the protection of a case without losing the classic MBP look. I also have a large dog which will not think twice about walking over it. I would recommend the clear speck cases.

10. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

Same. Mine is 1.5 years old and also in mint condition. The Neoprene sleeves are awesome. A few of my friends have the spec cases, and sometimes dirt gets into them and causes scratches (much like iPhone cases).

11. MisterFeeney macrumors 6502

12. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

13. DIMEZ macrumors 6502a

DIMEZ

def get a hardcase. it adds weight but it protects unwarranted drops.

14. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

How long did it take before the corners started to chip off? It comes with a 1 year warranty so I'm hoping if it does happen, it'll happen within the first year..

Also, I've heard that there are some issues with opening the screen past 90 degrees. I never open mine all the way (what would that even be..like 160 degrees?), but I do have it open to about 100-125 degrees pretty often..should that be a problem?