MBP Hard drive Disk Space not updating.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Prime85, May 5, 2013.

1. Prime85 macrumors 6502a

Prime85

If i go to finder the proper amount of space on my SSD is displayed and it changes when i delete files.

The problem is in my disk utility and under the storage section in about this mac will not change no matter how much i delete. Which my iStat menus is also not displaying the proper disk space since i believe it takes it from the same location as the other two.

Is there a reason why Finder will show the right amount of disk space but everywhere else will not and will not change no matter how much stuff i delete?

2. Prime85 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Prime85

MBP Hard drive Disk Space not updating.

It seems to also displays the wrong free space in system information. Displays 112GB free no matter how much i delete.

In finder it gives the true space Free which is 237GB when i select drive and hit get info.

I have tried restarting numerous times

3. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

4. Prime85 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Prime85

Yes, but i have just figured out the problem.

Yesterday my time capsule router was giving me issues so i formatted the drive and started backing up fresh. I guess once it did this the local backups were turned back on which took up a lot of space.
    So it seems that finder excludes the local backups from the size that it shows but the system information does not.

So after deleting many things off my computer for no reason i was able to figure it out.

Most of the stuff i didn't need anyway. :)

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

That is exactly what it is. See the bottom of this Apple support article.