MBP Hardware Upgrade Wishlist

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ~J~, Oct 11, 2007.

1. ~J~ macrumors 6502

Hey guys... I was thinking of what would make me want to run out and buy a new MBP and came up with a few ideas:

- OLED screen (brighter display, more power efficient, & potentially FLEXIBLE!)
    - HD display (1080, of course!) - on the 15"
    - >4GB RAM support
    - Quad-core processor

I use my MBP as a desktop replacement... so the quad core & >4GB RAM would benefit me greatly.

What do you guys want to see in the next 2 hardware updates?

2. josiahcooper macrumors member

- a wider touch pad with multi-touch features such as pinch, pull, and flick.
    - at least 2 USB ports a side
    - better speakers (current ones aren't great with bass)
    - a processor breaking the 3.0 Ghz mark
    - faster writable optical drive

3. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

- make me chicken
    - do my laundry
    - use as a helicopter

that would be win

4. paulyras macrumors 6502

A little off topic, but I was just thinking abut that the other day (since I find myself trying to flick my trackpad, ever since I got my iPhone (It doesn't work, and you look silly).

Since the trackpad does recognize multiple touches (two finger scrolling, and two finger right click), I wonder if it would just be a software update?!?!?!?

Still would be nice to have a slightly bigger surface, so long as it doesn't go crazy with false touches from the ball of my hands resting on the surface...

5. jaydub macrumors 6502a

jaydub

if it shrinks my clothes, I'm gonna ask Apple for a rebate and complain on here.

6. vicious7 macrumors 6502a

vicious7

Oh yeah, a multi-touch pad would be awesome, especially if they can implement it on the SR MBPs through software.

For future pro notebooks, it would be good to see:

• 512 VRAM
    • Higher res and even brighter screen
    • Easily upgradable HDD
    • 8 Gig RAM
    • Quad core processors
    • HD-DVD/Bluray drive
    • All connections moved to the left or to the right side
    • Twin latches for the screen

7. Fayler macrumors regular

Fayler

- Faster CPU, possibly quad core. Don't know how much this would affect the battery life, but I use my MBP as a desktop replacement as well and I'd like to see a little more power available.

- More video memory. I only have 128 right now and I'd like a little more. I wish I had the money to upgrade to the next step up on the MBP line but alas, I didn't. Still, I'd like to see 256 in the base and up to 512 in the 17".

- More USB ports. 'Nuff said.

- Keyboard like the macbooks. I find those keys delightful and I would absolutely love to get those keys on the MBP.

- Flicking and such on trackpad. I don't have an iPhone but I think flicking would be a blast on my trackpad.

- Solid state hard drive option. I know that this would be more suitable for the MB but I'd still like to see the option with MBPs one day.

8. DaveTheGrey macrumors 6502a

DaveTheGrey

9. bijou macrumors regular

bijou