MBP has been in repair for almost two weeks, appropriate to ask for replacement?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Nikos, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

It has been almost two weeks since my MacBook Pro went in for repair.

I've been told that the logic board, battery, microphone, speakers, "cable" (that's all I was told), memory, iSight, and some other things I can't remember have been replaced. Now they're waiting on an airport card to replace that.

Not only am I behind on projects without my laptop, but I don't think I'd feel comfortable using this thing for work anymore. Had I not kept a backup of my system, I'd have been screwed.

Is it even appropriate to ask for a replacement at this point? My iBook was replaced with a Macbook years ago, but that was after three failed repairs. I really don't want to go through that again and be without my notebook for ~2 months.

For the record, this is a 2010 17" i5 model that was purchased at the end of June.

2. TJones macrumors regular

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

It's not really their fault if they don't have the parts in stock. It's possible that they just ordered a new logic board and replaced that but then realized that it doesn't work so they had to order more parts. You could of course ask but it's unlikely, you're lucky if you get a discount on iWork or something.

4. paintballswimgu macrumors 6502

It sounds like they've basically given you a replacement already. I wouldn't worry about it, unless you have to send it in again.

5. wakeborder556 macrumors regular

6. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

That seems frustrating enough to at least warrant a phone call to ask.

7. Nikos thread starter macrumors 68000

Nikos

Thanks guys, it has now been 16 days and it's still pending return. Thinking about calling customer relations. I heard they can help more than the regular line.

8. TJones macrumors regular

9. CaoCao macrumors 6502a

heh, I have a Fry's PSC and it took them eight weeks to fix the friggin video cable. Your case isn't that bad.

10. Sweetfeld28 macrumors 65816

Sweetfeld28

I sent my old MBP in more than eight times, the previous owner sent it in four more times. They issued me a replacement last year, with my current unibody.