MBP HD dying? Should I replace HD?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MmSuperMario, Jul 6, 2011.

1. MmSuperMario, Jul 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2011

MmSuperMario macrumors newbie

Problems: Constant grey screen asking me to restart. Looping of log in screen when restarting. Having to boot in safe boot. Finder constantly lagging just hitting an file for quick preview no matter how small. All this continues even after a clean SL install.

Could it be the hard drive?

Crash report said something about a problem with the CPU, screen capped it twice, disappeared off my desktop along with a few other files.

Now is my 2007 MBP 2.33GHZ screwed? Should I just attempt to buy a new one?

Mind you, my old MBP has never given me a problem until a month ago. It's my sole work computer and I really can't afford a new one.

2. bcburrows macrumors 6502

bcburrows

Time to get a new hard drive...dont waste time, grab your files....
    When this happened to me I bought Disk Warrior, which helped recover my files but the HDD still needed replacing

3. Macsavvytech macrumors 6502a

Macsavvytech

HDs are one of the most common parts to fail (Moving Parts), luckily they are also one of the cheapest if you have a local hardware shop pickup a 2.5" Laptop drive if not you can just buy a portable external hard drive as they use 2.5" drives in these.

4. GermanyChris macrumors 601

GermanyChris

Send me a PM and I'll send you my stock drive for a nominal fee plus shipping if you can wait the week or so it'll take to get to you..at least you can use it if I keep it it'll just sit in a drawer.