MBP HD upgrade questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pogmothoin, Apr 7, 2008.

1. pogmothoin macrumors newbie

hey there.

can you help out a noobie please?? :eek:

having to upgrade from the stock 120Gb very very soon, and looking at options....

What brand of 250Gb disk is shipped with the new MBP's?

Also looking at the WD and Samsung 250/320Gb options, but worried about the hard drives so called breathing holes and the mac's internals not working together..

thanks

poggy

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I've no idea what is shipped by Apple but I upgraded myself to a Western Digital "Beavis" drive quite a few months back. It's reported as a WDC WD2500BEVS-00UST0 by System Profiler. It's worked flawlessly so far...

3. deadpixels macrumors 6502a

deadpixels

breathing holes on the samsung's are less in the way, the WD breathing hole is right under the ribbon cable but you can push it aside a bit and leave a gap under it so not a real problem. i installed a 320gb WD in my machine and love the extra space :D

4. pogmothoin thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks guys... i have noticed the WD drives seemed to have the hole in an 'inconvenient' place :D

deadpixels... i happened across your thread with regards to yr installation. thats what got me a lil worried lol :eek:

5. deadpixels macrumors 6502a

deadpixels

just put the ribbon cable a bit aside, there is a gluy kinda of stuff under the ribbon, jut don't glue it back right over the breathing hole and you'll be fine.