MBP HDD Problem . Help !!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kity92, Dec 11, 2018.

1. kity92 macrumors newbie

kity92

Hi everyone I was using my mbp 2010 without any problem but when I come home I can't open. I try several times and shown file or none Icons after I try reload disk utility and Mac doesn't recognize hdd I think. What can I do how I can solve problem without format hdd. Bcs i need documents in hdd. Here is Screenshot for suggestions. Waiting for reply. Thank you and have a nice day.

[​IMG]

2. vertical smile macrumors 68040

vertical smile

I am not sure I am following your post.

Are you saying that your Mac won't boot up?

Opening the 2010 MBP and taking the drive out is pretty easy, you can follow instructions on iFixit. Maybe you can use a USB adapter or external enclosure and see if you can get it working externally.

While you have your MBP open, throw a SSD in there, it will be a huge improvement.

3. kity92 thread starter macrumors newbie

kity92

I have to check tomorrow I ll purchase usb data cable for check hdd maybe I have problem with hdd cable on board or hdd I don't know but as you can see in photo hdd isn't dark name .it's light colored. That's why Mac doesn't boot up. Today I ll try diagnosis. As I said before I have lot of documents in hdd and I don't want lose it. Thx for reply btw. Cheers

4. Fishrrman macrumors P6

Fishrrman

The hard drive may have failed
    or
    The ribbon cable that connects the drive to the motherboard may be going bad on you.

I'd try replacing the hard drive first.
    It's cheap and easy to do.
    Go to ifixit.com to see how to do it.
    Takes about 15 minutes.
    You'll need a Phillips #00 driver and a TORX T-6 driver (cheap and easy to find).

Get a USB3/SATA dongle to access the old drive:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B011M8YACM/ref=nosim/macintouchcom-20?&tag=macintouchcom-20

5. kity92 thread starter macrumors newbie

kity92

Is there some virus and block the hdd? I don't know still I didn't solve the problem. I ll order usb cable for hdd and try connect to other pc if I can rescue my file then I ll erase the whole hdd. If I can't connect probably i need new drive. I think time for ssd.

6. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

If you have no back up then you may have lost your data, or you can pay for professional data recovery, it’s not cheap.

Do replace with an ssd it makes a massive difference.