MBP HE extended warranty....proof???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bcburrows, Sep 22, 2009.

1. bcburrows macrumors 6502

bcburrows

Hey

I bought my MBP with the HE extended warranty, but note that applecare has its own site that 'proves' you have it, how does this work for HE extended warranty? Anyone know

Its just I am thinking of selling and going for a MBA and was just wondering how I could 'prove' it had a three year parts and labour warranty.

Thanks

2. talkingfuture macrumors 65816

talkingfuture

I bought a MacBook a few years ago on HE discount which was said to come with extended warranty. I never could find any documentation to prove that I had it though. I assumed that it must be recorded by Apple and they would know if I needed it repairing that it was covered. Luckily I never needed it so I never found out.

3. leighonigar macrumors 6502a

When my keyboard broke (which I had purchased separately from a HE mac mini) they for some reason had to assign it to my computer, I guess because the keyboard didn't have its own serial. Anyway, apple phone support told me how many days warranty I had remaining on that computer and it was the right number for three years. I guess if you were really concerned you could phone them, but I don't know how you could prove this to someone you were selling it to, nor even if the T&Cs of the extended HE warranty let you transfer it(?).

4. PDE macrumors 68020

My experience is that they mail or email you a letter confirming the HE extended guarantee, but that it can take some time -- a few months even. If you log in on the Apple site you should be able to check coverage if you use the appleID and password you used when you bought the computer.