MBP Headphone out - hi pitchd noise

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by misteron, Aug 9, 2008.

1. misteron macrumors newbie

Does anyone else's headphone output sometimes emit a sort of low-volume, high-pitched noise sometimes?
    Mine does and so does my friend's machine. Both purchased in last few months, but a good 2months apart.

It occurs both with headphones, or when plugged into an amp / mixer.

Sometimes it happens when no music is playing back.
    At those times, playing a couple of seconds of music and stopping again clears the problem - for a while.

Any suggestions?

2. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

Yep I have the problem. I don't know how to fix it. When it occurs, i just lower/igher my volume and it disappears after the small "pop" noise of changed volume.

3. valvehead macrumors regular

That's Realblech for you. :rolleyes:

I've never any encountered on-board sound interfaces that don't make squeaks and pops. They are poorly designed; they are susceptible to PSU noise and RFI.

You can minimize the noises by using higher-impedance headphones or by using an inline volume control.

4. Rendition macrumors member

I have the same problem too. The way I fixed it is I have a Sennheiser headset that has the USB to analog connector, I use that to bypass the notebook's audio out to my M-Audio speakers.

It works perfectly. No noise.

It's a tiny USB to audio 1/8" adapter.

5. misteron thread starter macrumors newbie

That's a good solution for my friend but won't really work for me coz when I play live I don't have a free USB port.
    So it would mean bringing a USB hub on stage, which is do-able, but I'm trying to minimize my set up as much as poss.

Thanks for the suggestion.