MBP headphones?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MagicMouse, Apr 7, 2010.

1. MagicMouse macrumors regular

MagicMouse

I am getting a 17" MacBook Pro soon and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for portable headphones. When I am editing wedding photos, working on graphic design layouts, etc. I would like to have some good headphones for background music and when I am not working, I would like to watch some movies, TV shows, etc.

I am really wanting something that will go in my bag and I really do not want ear buds because I need comfort. So if you have any perfered headphones or know of great portable headphones, please let me know.

Thank you in advance

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Price range always help. The Koss PortaPros are going to get some love. I'm a big fan of the Panasonic RP-HTX7.

3. King James macrumors member

have you had different ear bud headphones besides the apple standard ones? There are some that can be had for a good price that are actually quite comfortable, and would obviously be the most portable

4. hellfire88 macrumors 6502

Many recommend the Sennheiser HD-202's which can be had for like <$30. I personally still use my old Sennheiser HD-497 which is quite comfortable and sounds great IMHO.

5. MagicMouse thread starter macrumors regular

MagicMouse

I own some high quality ear buds, but they just aren't what I prefer. I love the oldschool "headband" headphones. I feel like most of them not only have better sound quality but also just feel better. So I looked at Bose portable headphone which are wonderful but really expensive for my needs ($160+)
    So I am looking for a cheaper alternative that still has some great sound.

6. Arrandale macrumors regular

Sennheiser and Bose are to die for.

Bose makes some really excellent foldable headphones.

7. jbyun04 macrumors 6502a

jbyun04

I had the Bose On-Ear Triport headphones. AMAZING headphones. Comes with a hard carrying case and it folds up nicely. I love them, except someone stole mine :mad:

8. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

I have the ultimate ears triple fi . Yeah 399 bucks (though I got them on sale for $99 :) ) but they go everywhere with me. Trains, busses, planes, while playing PS3 or watching movies or just goofing of on the PC. Whenever I listen to Apple lossless encoded music I often find myself bobbing my head without even realizing it because the bass is so creamy and the highs are crisp.

9. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

10. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Umm... the former has some nice headphones, the latter is disgusting.

11. gumbyx84 macrumors 6502

gumbyx84

I'd recommend the Sennheiser PX100. I got mine for $50 at a mom-and-pop audio store and they work wonderfully.

12. Nuck81 macrumors regular

Just bought a pair of these, a touch bass heavy but they sound amazing, particularly for the price. I even wear them at the Driving range.

I think they were $36 at Amazon.

13. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Glad someone agrees with me.