MBP headphones?

MagicMouse

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 8, 2010
I am getting a 17" MacBook Pro soon and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for portable headphones. When I am editing wedding photos, working on graphic design layouts, etc. I would like to have some good headphones for background music and when I am not working, I would like to watch some movies, TV shows, etc.

I am really wanting something that will go in my bag and I really do not want ear buds because I need comfort. So if you have any perfered headphones or know of great portable headphones, please let me know.

Thank you in advance

King James

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2008
have you had different ear bud headphones besides the apple standard ones? There are some that can be had for a good price that are actually quite comfortable, and would obviously be the most portable

hellfire88

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2008
Many recommend the Sennheiser HD-202's which can be had for like <$30. I personally still use my old Sennheiser HD-497 which is quite comfortable and sounds great IMHO.

MagicMouse

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 8, 2010
have you had different ear bud headphones besides the apple standard ones? There are some that can be had for a good price that are actually quite comfortable, and would obviously be the most portable
I own some high quality ear buds, but they just aren't what I prefer. I love the oldschool "headband" headphones. I feel like most of them not only have better sound quality but also just feel better. So I looked at Bose portable headphone which are wonderful but really expensive for my needs ($160+)
So I am looking for a cheaper alternative that still has some great sound.

Arrandale

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2010
I am getting a 17" MacBook Pro soon and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for portable headphones. When I am editing wedding photos, working on graphic design layouts, etc. I would like to have some good headphones for background music and when I am not working, I would like to watch some movies, TV shows, etc.

I am really wanting something that will go in my bag and I really do not want ear buds because I need comfort. So if you have any perfered headphones or know of great portable headphones, please let me know.

Thank you in advance

Sennheiser and Bose are to die for.

Bose makes some really excellent foldable headphones.

jbyun04

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2008
Canada
I had the Bose On-Ear Triport headphones. AMAZING headphones. Comes with a hard carrying case and it folds up nicely. I love them, except someone stole mine :mad:

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007
I have the ultimate ears triple fi . Yeah 399 bucks (though I got them on sale for $99 :) ) but they go everywhere with me. Trains, busses, planes, while playing PS3 or watching movies or just goofing of on the PC. Whenever I listen to Apple lossless encoded music I often find myself bobbing my head without even realizing it because the bass is so creamy and the highs are crisp.