***MBP Help! 3 Flashing Lights!***

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mantasis, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Mantasis macrumors member

Sometimes when I open my mpb from sleep all movements onscreen become very laggy, so I go to reboot and ran upstairs for a sec. When I came down the screen was that startup grey and the sleep light kept flashing. What the hell is going?!

I'm scared to death right now.

2. Mantasis thread starter macrumors member

Can't anyone tell me what's going on???

I've tried holding down command, option, p and r but that did nothing. I don't even make it to the apple logo on startup, and there's this wierd clicking sound or something.

3. Brianstorm91 macrumors 65816

Brianstorm91

A clicking might suggest a hard drive failure, take it straight to Apple: don't boot it up again.

4. Mantasis thread starter macrumors member

I booted it up again. The sound is coming from the speakers, the speakers are just popping 3 times. The startup chime goes off, then the pops, then the lights start flashing....I tried putting in the mac osx disc in and holding down c, but it won't work....argghhhh.....I'm seriously thinking about throwing this thing down my stairs. It's just one problem after the other with this notebook.:mad: More precisely, every since I upgraded to leopard, and that wasn't long ago, I only got the mbp a month ago.

5. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

IIRC the 3 flashing lights is a sign of a hardware problem, specifically bad ram. Take it into a store as it will just keep happening.

6. PDE macrumors 68020

This happened recently to my mother's powerbook G4. It was a faulty ram slot, but I've also heard it could be bad ram.

7. Mantasis thread starter macrumors member

I am so pissed right now. How often does this ram **** happen? I mean come on, I've only had it for a month now, never bumped it or anything....so disappointed with apple....

8. theman macrumors 6502a

the laggy thing after sleep is a leopard issue. started happening w/ my MBP after upgrading. The startup issue is something more serious.... try leaving it off for a while and trying it again in a few hours. That has worked with a few PC's I've had probs with so maybe that will work...

9. PDE macrumors 68020

It doesn't happen often. In all my years of owning macs (14 yrs), it's only happened once and that was my mother's computer. try removing the ram modules one at a time and rebooting to begin isolating the problem. Did you add ram yourself, or is it the original ram?