MBP Help needed!! (No Wifi)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kaibex, Jun 18, 2013.

1. kaibex macrumors 6502

kaibex

So, long story but basically shortly after i upgraded to Lion I started experiencing problems with Wifi. Wifi symbol was greyed out and when hovered over icon a message appeared saying 'no hardware installed'.

I did some research online and I found it was an issue many had experienced after upgrading to Lion. After numerous visit to the Apple store and a call to Apple Care, who admitted it was a problem they were aware of but mainly affected only iMacs (and an update had been released to fix this) I had a replacement Airport card, then when the problem persisted a new display (as this has Wifi antenna built in) although my issue was not being able to turn wifi on, not being unable to connect to a network.

The issue now is that after 6 or 7 months the problem has returned. Has anyone else experienced anything similar or know what else could be the cause? I don't have trouble with any other devices connecting to my Wifi. Due to a bad customer experience in store I had previous 'repairs' free of charge but as the problem has returned so soon, I would be reluctant to pay £350-£400 for a second hardware replacement and I am also now out of the 90 day extended warranty. :(

2. kaibex thread starter macrumors 6502

kaibex

3. BuCkDoG macrumors 6502

I personally have never had an issue with any of my devices in regards to wifi. Have you tried an SMC reset? That usually fixes alot of common issues. Try that and let me know.