mbp help:

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kigru, Mar 16, 2008.

1. kigru macrumors newbie

hey guys i need to know whats up with my mbp, it wont read dvd's just cdr/and cd's. can anyone let me knowif this has happen to them. I insert the dvd it doesnt spin or anything, then spits it out.

2. steveza macrumors 68000

steveza

3. duffyanneal macrumors 6502a

duffyanneal

Are you inserting the disk with the label facing up? Don't laugh you would be surprised.

4. kigru thread starter macrumors newbie

yea, i went ahead and tired it again, and it went in, i cant hear or feel anything goin on, then it makes a smalls sound then ejects teh dvd. so what do i do if its a faulty drive

5. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

If it's faulty, you need to take it back in and have them replace it. Is it new?

6. MacBookJoePro macrumors regular

What kind of DVDs are you using? Does this happen with all DVDs? If it does it sounds like a faulty drive. You need to take otto an apple store, or call AppleCare to have it sent in.

-JoE

7. kigru thread starter macrumors newbie

no, i bought it last year, at the end of may, right before hte dman sr came out. i was pissed. lol.

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If you are still under warranty/AppleCare they should fix this for you.

9. kigru thread starter macrumors newbie

yea, i have apple care, but i was just hopeing it was like an software issue. how long do uthink it will take to fix, and will they charge me.

10. mankar4 macrumors 6502a

mankar4

they won't charge you, but it may take a while because they'll have to take the mbp away from you.

11. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

like mankar4 said they won't charge. They will probably boot your computer off a store Firewire drive to see if it's hardware. If it doesn't work with their drive they will probably replace it. If they don't have the drives in stock they will order it and then you will take it back to them when it arrives. If they have it in stock then it shouldn't take more than a day. The other option is they sent it back to the tech center and then they ship it back, but then you will be without a computer for about a week (or more if the tech center doesn't have the part either.

12. kigru thread starter macrumors newbie

sounds awesome, thanks for the help, now i dont feel so down now that i know this prob can easily be fixed.