MBP-High Resolution

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mak713, Jun 4, 2010.

1. mak713 macrumors member

Hello!

I have a question to all the MBP-HD owners out here. I currently own a Imac 24"(Aluminum) which I use only at home. I am planning on buying a MBP. The only issue is whether to go High resolution or not. Considering the fact that Im used to the 1920X1200 resolution on the Imac where the fonts appear appropriately sized(IMO), would a MBP-HR still require a lot getting use to? I mean in terms of the fonts. I have been to the apple store a few times and am still undecided. The font looks a little small to me. My MBP is primarily going to be used for college and as such I am confused whether or not its a good decision to go HR.

Thanks
    Mak

2. mak713 thread starter macrumors member

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Hasn't MRoogle helped you in any way?

This topic comes up every once in a while, and especially many topics about this have been created since the introduction of the 15" HighRes display.

One example.

Btw, bumping a thread is frowned upon.

PS: I have a 20" iMac with 1680 x 1050 pixel, and a 17" MBP with 1920 x 1200 pixel, and there is definitely a difference and I sometimes have to enlarge fonts in text displaying applications.

4. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

The fonts will appear much smaller on the MBP, but I think most people can adapt. I personally thought they looked somewhat small in the store, but am having no trouble now that I've bought my own. If for some reason you find that you can't adjust, the standard-resolution model would suit you better.

5. Ferry888 macrumors member

I have no problem what so ever in reading text on the high-res screen. It's the only mac/pc I got at the moment and work with it at least a few hours a day. No problem for me.
    In the end it is a matter of personal preference. Buy what is best suited for your needs.

6. apple.gr macrumors regular

Get the HiRes screen. The font size is perfect.

7. Ctt713 macrumors member

I just got my Anti-glare Hi res and I have to say the font size and resolution are perfect. I have normal eyes(no glasses but nothing special) and have no issue whatsoever as far as reading. If you notice most people who complain have to wear glasses so that tells you something. Bottom line...get hi res and you won't regret it! Also, Hi-res Anti-glare is awesome!

8. Ramphex macrumors 6502

Ramphex

can't go wrong with hi-res, if anything you can always change resolution, it'll just be more clear because of more pixels on the screen.

9. sarjit001 macrumors newbie

I also think you should go with the HR since everything appears so crisp.

10. Kavier macrumors 6502a

Kavier

I haven't had any problem getting used to the hi-res screen. I love it! I did go to an Apple store before I ordered my MBP to see the hi-res in person, so you could always go that route to see what you prefer.

11. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

I have one of the previous generation and I love it. A lot of people think they won't like it, and, then, when they try it, love it. I can't speak for you, YMMV. But, I love mine.

12. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

Yes, I forgot to mention. Definitely get the anti-glare.

13. boostmiser macrumors member

Occasionally I'll increase the font size in Firefox but not all the time. Otherwise, I'd have it no other way. The screen is so sharp and bright. Oh, and I'm 40 with glasses.

14. mak713 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for all the responses. However, I think I need to rephrase my concerns I expressed earlier; What I was wondering is that since I'll be using them both on a daily basis(Imac at home and Macbook Pro in school), would I still get used to the high res screen considering I'm really used to the 1920X1200 resolution on the 24" Imac. I did go and test out both screens in the store but couldn't seem to make up my mind. I find the HR screen a bit small but would love to the HR screen since picture/video definitely looks better on it. I did try out a couple of videos on both laptops sitting right next to each other and the HR screen did look better.

Thanks
    Mak