MBP.. How do I stop the images from displaying when I change brightness/volume?!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ronmaverick88, Aug 27, 2008.

1. ronmaverick88 macrumors member

How can I stop the images from displaying when I change the brightness, volume or keyboard light? I know holding shift while changing volume mutes the "duck" sound any way to stop the image?

2. ronmaverick88 thread starter macrumors member

3. elmz macrumors regular

I'm probably going to regret this, but I'll bite...firstly I'm not sure if you can do that...but out of curiosity why?

4. ronmaverick88 thread starter macrumors member

because when I'm looking at movies it is distracting having it blocking the screen

5. Stang68 macrumors 6502a

Stang68

6. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

Its no big deal. Only last a second. It might a lil annoying if your using your mac for presentations however...

7. ronmaverick88 thread starter macrumors member

8. ronmaverick88 thread starter macrumors member

9. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

10. cathyy macrumors 6502a

No, you can't.

I don't see what's wrong with it anyway. I think it's actually quite nice as compared to other notebooks.

11. jmpmntwnty3 macrumors 6502

It's kinda like turning up the volume on your TV. Some models do it, some don't. Macbooks and macbook pros do.

12. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

If you search around, you could find a way to PERMANENTLY prevent the image from ever showing again. PERIOD!

Everything is stored one of the bundles located in: root/System/Library/CoreServices/...

It'll involve a little searching through the millions of the system's framework and replacing the default images with some blank/transparent png files. You'll have to create them yourself in some image manipulation application, such as Photoshop.

Personally, I don't recommend it but if it really annoys you that much go for it... However you could end up screwing up the OS completely which will involve you doing a full reinstall!

13. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Well, you can find the framework/bundle which has the word 'bezel' in it. Then replace all of those images with 100% transparent images.

Or just get over it.

EDIT: well, I think it was called something with 'bezel' in Tiger anyway. Couldn't find it under Leopard. Google?