MBP i3/i5/i7 vs. MBP Core 2 Duo

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by petrelli18, Apr 8, 2010.

1. petrelli18 macrumors newbie

Hey guys i know this question has been posted like a million times, just every answer gets way too technical for me.

i am a student and currently using a dell that has been giving me nothing but problems. I am going to upgrade to a MBP, i am just wondering if the new i3/i5/i7 processors are going to be worth it.

i dont really do much more than word, powerpoint, itunes, email, etc... but more speed is always better right? Will i notice a vast difference upgrading, or should i take advantage of the sales on current MBP's while everyone gets ready for the refresh.

Also, any speculations on whether all MBP's will be getting the new processors, or will the 13" stay with Core 2.

Thanks alot.

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Faster is preferable to slower. Even if you don't use all of its available resources now, buying a faster computer will increase its usable life span.

Normally, I'd say if you need the computer now, buy it now, since it'll be obsolete in 6 months anyway. The same rationale holds, but I'm holding off for a new MacBook Pro myself, which I expect will be along once the iPad hubbub has died down. I imagine they've got them ready to go and are just waiting to avoid stealing their own thunder.

If you want anything more technical than that, read the many many threads you've mentioned.

http://guides.macrumors.com/MacBook_Pro_Buyer's_Guide