MBP in a 1.5 years

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Kennedy, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Kennedy macrumors member

That's when I'll be needing to buy one, and I'm kind of wondering, what will it look like then? Will a SSD be standard? Will there be a new wireless protocol? Will it have an HD display, or a BD-drive? HDMI ports? 8gb RAM standard? Quad-core?

Speculation of people who know Apple and computers more than I?

By the way, it'll be used for media-intensive purposes (CS4...CS5?, Vectorworks, etc.)

2. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

Let me shake my magic 8 ball.. mhm "Try again later, 1.5 years later." Well there you have it, if the 8 ball does not know no one does.

3. Kennedy thread starter macrumors member

For chrissakes my friend, this site is called MacRumors. I expected you'd all be up for a little bit of speculation about Macs.

Guess you really can't judge a book by it's cover.

4. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

Technology is going to change so fast, that within 1.5 years, your system would be outdated with newer technologies. It is false logic that you can wait for something new and hope it'll be new for a while because it will never happen.

However, this doesn't mean you have to upgrade. The current technology offered by Apple will sufficiently provide all needs for at least 2 years until some new program will require a newer hardware.