MBP in sleep or shut down?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kbt1020, Apr 13, 2010.

1. kbt1020 macrumors regular

Hello. I just ordered my first ever MBP, so there are a lot of questions. But the one that concerns me the most is whether to shut down the laptop or put it in sleep mode. I found that a lot of people put theirs in sleep mode, but wouldn't the battery run out at night?(you can plug it in but doesn't it damage the battery if you charge it for too long?) So just an honest question lol don't rip me for it. I have tried to search for this information a lot, but never really a definite convincing answer, so help me out :D

2. Surely Guest

Surely

I keep mine in sleep mode and only shut it down 1x every two weeks (or so). However, I keep mine plugged in almost all the time.

It doesn't drain much battery power at all when in sleep mode and not plugged in (a few percent at the most I believe).

3. celticpride678

It really depends on you. You can put it into sleep or shut it down. I personally shut it down.

As for battery, if you sleep it, it barely takes any battery (~3% per hour - which would be the same if it were shut down).