MBP in the US with danish keyboard?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rasmusbj, Jun 14, 2008.

1. rasmusbj macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

My girlfriend is going to write her master thesis at UC in Charleston, SC next semester. We live in Denmark and depend very much on our keyboard have the danish letters æ, ø, å. In october i will go visit her and I have this clever plan :p ;

Instead of bying a new MBP her in denmark i will get her to order it - get the students discount - get the free ipod touch.. And when I come visit her, I'll bring it back. By doing this I will be saving up to 1200 USD!!! So there is no reason not to do it.

My questions are: Is it possible to order a MBP with a danish configuration and danish keyboard in the states some how? Or would it be possible to buy a keyboard and replace it my self?

What about the warranty? We have no apple stores i denmark, so how will I deal with warranty issues if they come up?

Will I be able to use the charger in europe without any adapter? 110V vs 230V?

Thanks in advance
    /Rasmus

2. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

Apple says the MBP they sell in the USA are only going to be available with the north american keyboard options.....and those don't include a danish keyboard. If you want a danish keyboard, you'll have to buy it separately and get it installed yourself.

As for the warranty, you'll get warranty service but you'll have to send it or take to their authorized repair center instead of an apple store

the charger will work in europe but you'll need a plug adaptor (or buy one with a plug for your country from the online store)

3. Setmatch macrumors newbie

You could get a keyboard with danish keys from the danish apple store.

4. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

Are you a university student? Could you order the machine for her in Denmark and bring it to her? I am not sure that the terms of the student discount state that you have to buy in the country you are a student in. Could your girlfriend order the machine from the Danish Apple store using a Danish credit card and address? I don't know but it is worth finding out.

5. rasmusbj thread starter macrumors newbie

I can se that I was a bit unclear in my first post. The MacBook Pro is for me. I just want to pick it up in USA and bring it back to Denmark because I can save a lot of money.

But otherwise,

Yes, I am a student at the university of copenhagen.
    I think (almost sure) that if she is going to order from the danish online apple store she will be charged danish prices. Even though she lives and studies in the states.

It's nice to hear that I will have no trouble with warranty and charger - it's just hard to believe that it's impossible to get a danish keyboard in the US.

Thanks for the replies
    /Rasmus