Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

2high2aim

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 19, 2010
SoCal
This is the fourth time asking the same question:

What is the difference between the Incase regular and plus model neoprene sleeve?

I did not think this simple question warranted a thread specifically for it but I did not get responses to my question. I know there are a few others with this same exact question.

murdercitydevil

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2010
california
Different zipper construction, more protection from the zippers. Zipper tags are also rubber rather than metal/plastic. Logo is positioned differently.

Gorilla Power

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2010
The zipper teeth of the regular will scratch the edges of your MacBook Pro. The Plus model is a revision to provide the zipper a seam.

2high2aim

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 19, 2010
SoCal
I already bought the regular model and so I will be returning it and getting the plus model...at my on campus computer store it was $35 plus tax...

hypebeast

macrumors member
May 12, 2010
You have both in your campus bookstore but you couldn't compare them yourself?:confused: I don't think it's that hard to do is it...?

2high2aim

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 19, 2010
SoCal
Before you start harassing users you should be informed about your argument. My on campus book store only offers the regular model sleeves and do not have the plus model that is why I asked. I also used the search button. Next time try being helpful or at the least kind so before you go out and try acting like a smart @ss fix your tone.

Btw I returned the regular model and am willing to pay the extra cash for the plus model (my campus sold the reg. model $5 cheaper then the advertised price)

davidjearly

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
The previous poster is wrong. The regular model does not scratch your MBP, unless you are very careless. I used one on my 15" MBP for 8/9 months and not a single mark anywhere. The zippers are fine.

All they have done is improved the design so that it is even less likely to be a problem, but as I said, unless you are very careless the regular model is fine.

2high2aim

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 19, 2010
SoCal
LOL...I bought a Zagg Invishield and now getting the incase plus sleeve

Im sure I will not be careless

DoNoHarm

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2008
Maine
I'd say ask incase but they suck about answering questions. really a bad company when it comes to customer service.

yes, i know i'm knocking them, but I've asked them twice whether a hardcase or neoprene case would offer better protection when dropped from 3 feet and they haven't responded.

2high2aim

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 19, 2010
SoCal
well I think neither would suffice but if your looking for something that protective get the Brian Cell it offers really good protection but 1 its costly and 2 its expensive 3. its big n bulky.

I am looking for a think way of protecting my laptop and am looking into a neoprene sleeve do to its ease of access without add any noticeable bulk. But each people and different factors and definition of protection gl on finding the right product for you. BTW you can use both if you really want to.

2high2aim

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 19, 2010
SoCal
I went to the apple store and now am thinking about just purchasing a specific backpack just for my gadgets (MBP15 , DSLR Camera) and all the wires. Does anyone know a good backpack for laptop/camera

RedRaven571

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2009
Pennsylvania
well I think neither would suffice but if your looking for something that protective get the Brian Cell it offers really good protection but 1 its costly and 2 its expensive 3. its big n bulky.

I am looking for a think way of protecting my laptop and am looking into a neoprene sleeve do to its ease of access without add any noticeable bulk. But each people and different factors and definition of protection gl on finding the right product for you. BTW you can use both if you really want to.

http://sfbags.com/products/sleevecases/sleevecases.htm

Good product; I got one for my 15" MBP and it fits like a glove.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.