MBP incredibly slow bootup after Ubuntu Install and Uninstall.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ramzhh, Jul 7, 2010.

1. ramzhh macrumors regular

So about a week ago I attempted to Dual Boot Ubuntu on my Boot camp partition. Due to a compatibility issue, even though I installed it easily, it was very slow, so I proceeded to erase all data on all the partitions the installation created, ending up with The OS X partition + 4 other ones. (there was an EFI part. too).

Now here's the problem. Right after I uninstalled Ubuntu, when I booted up my MBP, it took a VERY long time to The :apple: Logo to appear, almost seems like it was searching for something, ... . The same thing happens after I uninstall rEFIt, and after merging some of the partitions, ending up, right now, with 3 partitions. What a mess!

Boot time, unless I press the option key and select Macintosh HD, is about one minute 15 sec. because of the insanely long time to the logo to appear.
    What the heck do I do? I would prefer not re-formatting my disk, I've gone through so much downloading and installed a whole bunch of things I need... And I don't have an external Drive.

2. celticpride678

Go to: System Preferences>Startup Disk and select Macintosh HD

3. sn0warmy macrumors 6502a

sn0warmy

I had the exact same problem after installing/uninstalling Windows 7 in a bootcamp partition.

I resorted to reformatting and it fixed my issue.

4. ramzhh thread starter macrumors regular

That did it. Thank you. Now that I think of it I had already done it but never thought I had to press Lock and Restart, so that's why it never worked.
    facepalm^^