MBP inserting strange punctuation for some reason ```

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sadcamper, Oct 7, 2010.

  1. sadcamper macrumors regular

    May 19, 2010
    All of the sudden, when I'm typing (generally at length), I get this character popping up for some reason


    Can anyone explain this? Am I pushing two keys at the same time that for some strange reason result in that character???:confused::confused::confused:
  2. Intell macrumors P6


    Jan 24, 2010
    That the key to the left of the 1 at the top of the keyboard. You might be hitting it instead of 1 or tab.
  3. xyanide14 macrumors newbie

    Oct 3, 2010
    its just your mac trying to screw with you for not feeding it. LOL jks, but i think you are just miss hitting a key.
  4. sadcamper thread starter macrumors regular

    May 19, 2010
    Thanks for the input...but I've been typing for a loooong time at various computers, and this is the first time this has happened...it also happens rather often.

    I've been watching my fingers while I type, and my fingers aren't going anywhere near that particular key.

    ??? Very strange.
  5. DivineJustice macrumors newbie

    Sep 23, 2010
    Where is this occurring? What program? I've seen something similar when I was trying to use a foreign language or some font that was causing a similar issue but it was a long time ago and it was on PC..
  6. sadcamper thread starter macrumors regular

    May 19, 2010
    Has been happening in every program...Safari, MSN Messenger, Outlook, etc. I thought it was a language thing too, but I'm starting to think that it's a hardware issue.
  7. sadcamper thread starter macrumors regular

    May 19, 2010
    Problem solved - used the Repair Disk option in Disk Utility on my OSX disk and that seemed to solve the problem.

    Edit - nevermind...staring doing it again. $*&$*&!!!!
  8. moel macrumors 6502

    Nov 7, 2007
    If you are definitely not touching that key ` then basically it's a hardware fault with the keyboard. Just take it to your local Apple Store and they will replace it for you.

Share This Page