MBP inserting strange punctuation for some reason ```

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sadcamper, Oct 7, 2010.

1. sadcamper macrumors regular

All of the sudden, when I'm typing (generally at length), I get this character popping up for some reason

`

Can anyone explain this? Am I pushing two keys at the same time that for some strange reason result in that character???:confused::confused::confused:

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

That the key to the left of the 1 at the top of the keyboard. You might be hitting it instead of 1 or tab.

3. xyanide14 macrumors newbie

its just your mac trying to screw with you for not feeding it. LOL jks, but i think you are just miss hitting a key.

4. sadcamper thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the input...but I've been typing for a loooong time at various computers, and this is the first time this has happened...it also happens rather often.

I've been watching my fingers while I type, and my fingers aren't going anywhere near that particular key.

??? Very strange.

5. DivineJustice macrumors newbie

Where is this occurring? What program? I've seen something similar when I was trying to use a foreign language or some font that was causing a similar issue but it was a long time ago and it was on PC..

6. sadcamper thread starter macrumors regular

Has been happening in every program...Safari, MSN Messenger, Outlook, etc. I thought it was a language thing too, but I'm starting to think that it's a hardware issue.

7. sadcamper thread starter macrumors regular

Problem solved - used the Repair Disk option in Disk Utility on my OSX disk and that seemed to solve the problem.

Edit - nevermind...staring doing it again. $*&$*&!!!!

8. moel macrumors 6502

If you are definitely not touching that key ` then basically it's a hardware fault with the keyboard. Just take it to your local Apple Store and they will replace it for you.