MBP is infected!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gngan, Apr 19, 2012.

1. gngan macrumors 68000

Jan 1, 2009
    I was doing a scan with ClamXav and it shows a file that is infected.
    File location: /Users/g_ngan/Library/Caches/Google/Chrome/Default/Cache/f_013cdc
    /Users/g_ngan/Library/Caches/Google/Chrome/Default/Cache/f_013cdc: CVE_2012_0773-2 FOUND

Anyone know what's this and how do i remove it?
  2. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Apr 2, 2006
    Shropshire, UK
  3. tersono macrumors 68000

Jan 18, 2005
    False positive or not, just clear your Chrome browser cache and it's gone...
  4. Nancy 6 macrumors newbie

Apr 19, 2012
    Found CVE_2012_0773-2 in some 2011 downloaded videos

Thought you might like to know that ClamAV ClamXAV found CVE_2012_0773-2 in some of my 2011 downloaded videos. I checked and I had not viewed them since January 2011. I checked the suggested link where they say it is a false positive. I have cleared my cache, but don't think that has anything to do with my false positive. No, I don't use Chrome or Google as a browser. i am currently using Safari, and in the past I have used Firefox off and on. So it looks like the false positive is correct. Because I have had Clam check these folders in the past and no virus was found. And most of the ones it identified as CVE_2012_0773-2 I had not even opened in quite a while and Clam had searched through them several times in the past and didn't find anything. So for right now I am just leaving those videos in the infected folder but i am not deleting them right now. I am waiting for Clam to fix this false positive and them i will have Clam check them again.