MBP is infected!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gngan, Apr 19, 2012.

1. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

I was doing a scan with ClamXav and it shows a file that is infected.
    File location: /Users/g_ngan/Library/Caches/Google/Chrome/Default/Cache/f_013cdc
    /Users/g_ngan/Library/Caches/Google/Chrome/Default/Cache/f_013cdc: CVE_2012_0773-2 FOUND

Anyone know what's this and how do i remove it?

2. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

3. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

False positive or not, just clear your Chrome browser cache and it's gone...

4. Nancy 6 macrumors newbie

Found CVE_2012_0773-2 in some 2011 downloaded videos

Thought you might like to know that ClamAV ClamXAV found CVE_2012_0773-2 in some of my 2011 downloaded videos. I checked and I had not viewed them since January 2011. I checked the suggested link where they say it is a false positive. I have cleared my cache, but don't think that has anything to do with my false positive. No, I don't use Chrome or Google as a browser. i am currently using Safari, and in the past I have used Firefox off and on. So it looks like the false positive is correct. Because I have had Clam check these folders in the past and no virus was found. And most of the ones it identified as CVE_2012_0773-2 I had not even opened in quite a while and Clam had searched through them several times in the past and didn't find anything. So for right now I am just leaving those videos in the infected folder but i am not deleting them right now. I am waiting for Clam to fix this false positive and them i will have Clam check them again.