MBP is really HOT!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thebadgator87, Jul 15, 2012.

1. thebadgator87 macrumors member

Hey MR

quick question about my mid 2010 mbp running really hot. it is the 2.66 i7 and i just recently upgraded to 256 ssd. is this normal for this computer? is there any tips or tricks to minimize the heat? thanks for all your help

2. ugp macrumors 65816

ugp

We would need a specific temp other than "Hot" to say whether it's out of the norma. All MBPs get "Hot" and that is normal. It just depends on how hot we are talking.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

It's probably normal. It'll heat up and the fans will become audible if you're doing anything intensive.

4. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

1. Ignore the children

2. It`s possible as you have just installed a new drive the system is indexing, this is fairly CPU intensive and in general should be over and done with in a day or so,faster with SSD.

3. If the high temps persist look at the activity monitor to see what process are running the CPU.

4. A full restart wont hurt, post back if the issue persists with a snapshot of the activity monitor

5. if you have a Samsung Android phone and are using Kies, the wifi helper creates a runaway process and need to be stopped.

6. We can talk about cooling, altough you really need to establish why the temps have suddenly increased