MBP iSight Messed up - Options?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by taylorwilsdon, Apr 21, 2007.

1. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

Superimposed ontop of every picture I take with the iSight is a huge... something. Its not external, as I've whiped the iSight clean with iKlear and that didn't help.

Its annoying! What are my options? This is a pretty new computer, and its still got applecare and everything, but theres no way I'm going to ship it off or be without it for days for just the camera.

2. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

You think we can have an example of the "something" with Photo Booth? Only thing I can think of is probably a scratch, maybe a hair came through the opening where the magnetic hooks are found.

3. taylorwilsdon thread starter macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

Yeah, sorry about that.

Right above the nike swoosh. Its the same on all pictures.

[​IMG]

4. rhsgolfer33 macrumors 6502a

Take it to your local apple store if there is one. I took mine in for a problem with the iSight, they replaced the iSight and I had my computer back within 24 hours, could have had it back same day but I was working and could not get back to the store before it closed.

5. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

DO you have a glossy screen? Because it looks like a reflection from the mini-blinds with a tree in it.

Otherwise - i'd get it checked out!

6. taylorwilsdon thread starter macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

Matte. Happens with everything even when its faced a different way.

Eh, I don't know if I can do a day. Still, I'll take it in and see what they say.