MBP iSight

Discussion in 'macOS' started by daveintoronto, Oct 27, 2007.

1. daveintoronto macrumors newbie

Hey All.

I just finished installing Leopard on a 2nd generation MBP and did a complete nuke & install, so I'm starting fresh. Everything (except importing my music from backup DVD's, {good thing I re-backed them up on an external hard drive}) went fine, but when I went into photobooth, I get the no camera installed icon, as you can see in the attachment. Do you guys have any ideas why this might be happening?!?! I rebooted a couple of times and this is still happening. :(

I hope I won't have to go back and start off with my original DVD's and re-install Leopard. :(

Thanks

-D

Attached Files:

2. daveintoronto thread starter macrumors newbie

The camera isn't even showing up in the system profiler :mad:

3. jdylan macrumors regular

jdylan

Ref: Photobooth

Bababooey:D

4. dvkid macrumors regular

Similar issue here:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=376313

It appears as though the iSight is being locked up and showing as in use by another application. In my case I think iCal and System Preferences are taking turns being the root of the problem. Though not sure.

I plan to call AppleCare later when I have more time as this problem is keeping me from updating a whole slue of live video filters built in Quartz because, get this, they are giving me the blinky no video symbol too!! Grr...

I also might just try plugging an external iSight in and trying that. I know I've got one of those around here somewhere. Now if I could only remember where I put my "Discontinued Apple Junk" box...

5. daveintoronto thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay... thanks...

I ended up calling Apple Care (on hold for 45 minutes... IMHO don't call tonight) and they said that It could be a hardware issue, given that the "Built-In-iSight" wasn't even showing up in the System Profiler.

So, as the situation unfolded itself, I figured I'd revert back to Tiger and try the installation again by upgrading from Tiger into Leopard. Sure it's wasting my time tonight, but I want to make sure that I have a good and working system while I have time to do it, and not have take everything off my system AGAIN.

-D

6. dvkid macrumors regular

Best of luck. I'm eager to see what you find.

It appears we have different problems, as my iSight is still showing up in System Profiler. Though it could be related.

7. daveintoronto thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I installed everything again, and it's still not showing up in the profiler. I booked an appointment at the genius bar for monday. *sigh*. All is not lost but if I'm on a business trip, I like to have my webcam available just in case.

Good luck with your situation.