MBP issue.....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Kalashnikov, May 12, 2009.

1. Kalashnikov macrumors member

I have a question for all mbp owners. I bought my mbp around march april of 08 and recently i noticed that to the right of the touch pad/mouse the cover is chipping away i have all kinds of little black chips. Has anyone had this problem and should i report this to apple?

2. Exegesis48 macrumors regular

I've never seen this... If it happened to me, I would be freaking out, and yes you should notify Apple/go to the apple store.

3. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

I have noticed this too to the left of my trackpad. I don't know what to do. I feel like if I bring it to Apple and they decide to replace the top plate, I'll lose my computer for a week. I simply can't be without it right now......:(

4. Apple Corps macrumors 68020

Do you have Apple Care extended warranty?

If not - get your credit card ready.

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

6. UniPro macrumors regular

UniPro

Well I hope you have Apple Care but like the others have said I'd probably bring it straight to an Apple store for an assessment.

7. Kalashnikov thread starter macrumors member

yes its sort of like black scratches and no i dont have apple care well i think im going to see with apple and see how much this will run me i still think its crazy that a 3000 doller laptop gets damaged like this and i really like mines i have no problems with it a whole year that i own it no gap when its shut.....man im pissed off now