MBP Issues/Coconut Battery

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Stokes, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Stokes macrumors regular

Hey Guys,
    My MBP is having a battery issue. It's an earlier one, with the 2.4ghz processor and removable battery.

After fully charging it, I only get 1:45-2:00 of life out of it, and Coconut battery gives me weird numbers.

What gives?
    [​IMG]

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

There are a few things that you need to determine.

When getting the two hours, are you doing anything that might be intensive that will decrease battery life (i.e. Flash content)? If you are, it is fully understandable that you're only getting two hours of battery life. (Remember that the Late/mid-2008 models with the removable battery have a theoritical max battery life of 5 hours but real-world usage is around 4 hours or less depending on what you're doing.)

If you're not doing anything intensive, try to calibrate your battery if you haven't done soon recently (142 charge cycles is getting up there).

3. Stokes thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not really taxing the system much. Websurfing forums is about as fancy as it's getting right now.

Oddly, Coconut thinking my machine is 13years old seems off.

How do I recalibrate the battery?

Thanks!

4. mmomega macrumors demi-god

mmomega

even on my late 09 macbook it will drain the battery if i have any online videos or flash playing. if i turn my screen brightness to about 1/2 ( which is totally usable at night when i have it on battery) keyboard backlit on 1st setting then I can get a good 5-6hrs of actual use before charging. again about 1/2 that or less with any sort of streaming going on.