MBP Issues some advice would be great

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mongoose8p, Jul 4, 2008.

1. mongoose8p macrumors regular

My MBP has had its issues just as many anyway way back in November I had a case replacement done on the bottom due to a cracked case which I payed for. I got the laptop back and went away to school until June. I hadn't tested the disk drive or even used the computer before I arrived at school. When I got there I noticed that disks were very hard to push into the superdrive. I had to use a small amount of force. When I would eject the disks I would have to also use some force to pull them out of the superdrive. I also noticed that it had trouble reading disks and burning disks. From that point on I didn't use the superdrive anymore. (these were all issues that sprung up after they did the bottom case replacement) The other issue is the bottom 2/3 of the screen occasionally go completely crazy, lines everywhere, no readable screen area, white areas of the lcd. I then noticed that if I put a small amount of pressure on the right side of the screen on the silver area, not the lcd just next to it, the issue would go away until I moved the screen again. If I hold done on this spot the problem goes away however when I release it sometimes stays okay and sometimes just goes right back to this issue. I'm trying to decide how I want to talk to Apple about this because these seem to be problems that arose when they did the case replacement which I'm very upset about. I do not feel that I should pay for these issues because I haven't done anything to hurt the computer and like I said it seems they caused these issues. Any advise would be great! Thanks guys! (I'm hoping they are nice about it)

2. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

why didnt u report this right away upon November? I think that u r going to
    have a hard time getting apple to fix this
    without charging b/c so
    much time has passed since the original
    repair.

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Just gonna have to take it in my friend... then go from there

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

4. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

if thenproblem is just a SuperDrive, then it will probably cost u about $350 or so. I had mine replaced last month under warranty, and I think I recall them telling me that is what is would have cost.

5. mongoose8p thread starter macrumors regular

so you don't think this will be covered under warranty/

6. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Doesn't really matter if we think it will or not, because we don't make the decisions. ;) It is possible, I suppose, but the only way you will really know is to take it in and get it looked at.

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

7. mongoose8p thread starter macrumors regular

alright! thanks... after I get it fixed I may try and sell it to get an air im not sure i love this for final cut and such but that small sexy machine is SO tempting

8. mongoose8p thread starter macrumors regular

alright! thanks... after I get it fixed I may try and sell it to get an air im not sure i love this for final cut and such but that small sexy machine is SO tempting