MBP issues... What's your opinion?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Canuckistan, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Canuckistan macrumors member

Marvellous though these machines are, there are issues relating to the MBPs. There is a lot to be thankful for, but there are concerns.

Many users (and potential customers) hanker for a matte screen on the 13-inch and 15-inch models. People who don't want to see themselves onscreen are willing to pay extra for this feature. Sheer obsinacy seems to deny the arrival of this feature.

The SATA 1.5 / 3.0 issue was quickly solved... Probably becasue of the outrage of hundreds of users (and potential customers).

There was (is?) a torrent of complaints regarding, if I recall correctly, an 8600 board.

More seriously... Someone's magsafe connector recently caused a fire in their 15-inch MBP. Here's the MR link:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=729223

=====

Many MR subscfribers point to a decline, perceived or real, in Apple's quality control.

=====

What do you think are the issues relating to MBPs? I'm not just moaning. I want to know what I'm getting into.

Thanks.

2. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

3. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

This thread isn't useless but it's definitely not something you should ask - seems you're implying that Apple products are specific to failure. Defects are going to happen. There are going to be recalls. You're always going to find a fault. And this goes for all computer manufacturers. I understand what you're trying to do but this isn't the most effective way because you're on a forum where people are going to complain about their purchase rather than saying how awesome it is. There is going to be a bias.

But to provide my 0.02. Took me 3 MacBook Pro's to get one that wasn't defected or faulty (3rd one was a charm).

4. lamadude macrumors 6502

I've never had any issues with my mbp (early '08) which was a relief because before that I had a white macbook and that had pretty much every issue that was known to exist on those macbooks. It was a horrible experience and made me buy a 5 year insurance on my mbp. That's also why I'm not so worried about the 8600 card giving up, and apple has recently extended the warranty for these cards, so I think they handled it quite well.

If you look at the mbp forum and compare it to the Air forum there seem to be a lot less issues with the mbp.