MBP issues with keyboard, mail & wireless

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by buyusfear, Jan 6, 2008.

1. buyusfear macrumors 6502

I just purchased a 2.2ghz MBP and installed sex panther, I mean Leopard.

After it goes into sleep mode the wireless drops, even after clicking keychains.
    Not only that, but twice now (i've had it for only a few days) after wake-up my keyboard will not work at all, only the touchpad, and only after restart will it be back to normal.

Aside from that, i've tried using Mail and for some reason I cannot send mail. It does sync up to my inbox but thats it. It sure isn't as easy as budy makes it out to be in the online demo. (I've also read that people say to forget about using Mail entirely, but my girlfriend really likes the whole postcard thing, so i'm stuck up against her demands as that was a selling point for me to "upgrade" my laptop if you know what I mean)

The keyboard is my main concern though. Should I just wait for an update, or take it back for another one?

I've tried searching and only found people with lag issues due to the software upgrade.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

Have you run Software update?? There are tons of patches, but the wireless will be like that until 10.5.2. Keyboard is fixed in the patch through SU.

3. shoppy macrumors 6502a

Have you updated to 10.5.1 there is also an update out for keyboards.

4. buyusfear thread starter macrumors 6502

No I have not. But I will now!
    I appologize for my newb'ness, as I am a virgin mac user. It took me like 10min to find applications just setting up airport, lol.
    How would I run the software upgrade?

I'm at work right now but can't wait to get home and fix this problem.

Thanks for the quick resopnse!

5. shoppy macrumors 6502a

Right I have included some photos, as often photos speak a thousand words. You can go to the top left hand corner and click on the apple symbol. Then select software update and then your machine will go on line and look or updates.

You then select install and away you go, you might have to enter your password. As you can see there is the keyboard update which will only appear after you have installed 10.5.1.

I hope this helps.

Simon

Attached Files:

6. buyusfear thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks Simon, seems pretty simple when you lay it out like that.

On a side note, My 24' Imac should be here anyday(talk about commiting to the mac world right out the gate), can I expect the same issues regarding the wireless being dropped the same as with the MBP?

Alex

7. Josheua macrumors regular

I wouldn't think so. Wireless issues seem to have been persistent on the macbook line but not as much the iMac (though it had its own set of problems) However, as a note for your macbook pro, I purchased a 2.4ghz Macbook Pro as my main machine (use it hooked up to my 22-inch display), and have had no wireless issues prior to or after 10.5.1. My suggestion, keep tabs on it and if it continues to give you problems consider taking it to the Apple Store nearest you for repair/replacement.

-Josh :apple:

8. shoppy macrumors 6502a

I only had issues with wireless on my 2 CD MBP, 2.16CD MBP's none on the last 3 MBP's.

9. buyusfear thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks everyone.
    I'll just have to wait and see...

Alex