MBP just arrived... AMAZING

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pitt1717, Sep 17, 2012.

1. pitt1717 macrumors regular

wow this machine is nice. i ordered a BTO 2.6/16/512.... the screen (samsung) is amazing. sound is very nice too. I am in the process of moving apps and data over now..
    nothing like getting new technology on a day off...may have to light up a cigar and enjoy some extended battery life. now waiting on my iphone5

ps... enjoying the ability of typing without missing the first letter all the time :)

2. afinch1992 macrumors 6502

afinch1992

congrats! light one up, its like a new mac child being born

3. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

Nice. :) These posts are great.

Enjoy your computer!

4. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

Enjoy your new Mac. I still remember unboxing my first MBP. It was like opening up the box for my TI 99-4a when I was 11. :)

5. pitt1717 thread starter macrumors regular

yeah, after reading all the issues with the screen, i was nervous. no dead pixels and screen is nice and bright!!
    thought i would post a positive experience as there are just too many negative....

knocking on wood that i'm not jinxing myself

6. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

Meh. Take the OCD complaints with a grain of salt. Very few consumers (with the exception of yourself and a handful of others) jump online to scream to the world how great their new purchase is. But every disgruntled consumer will seek out every shady corner of the Net to voice their displeasure with great exaggeration. ;)

7. jrs22 macrumors 6502

Enjoy your first days with your new MBP, but read the threads about smoking and repairs before blowing it in the MBPs direction.

8. pitt1717 thread starter macrumors regular

yeah, i have read those threads. i'm careful around all of my gadgets so i'm not too worried

9. michaeldorian macrumors newbie

I just ordered the same specs. I'm praying to all the powers that be that it comes with a Samsung screen. Everyone with LG screens are screaming bloody murder.

10. afinch1992 macrumors 6502

afinch1992

you could return it if you get an LG?

11. MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

You should be very pleased you've got one of those lovely Samsung displays. I've got one in my MacBook Pro with Retina display and it is perfect! No flaws, no image retention etc.

It's nice to see the occasional Mac-praising thread like this, since forums are typically a gloomy place where people come to share their problems. :)

Congratulations, and enjoy your wonderful new Mac!

12. shelhed217 macrumors member