MBP Just Went Biserk

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Aj2488, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Aj2488 macrumors regular

So I went to update my iPhone just now and my laptop wasn't plugged into the charger. (It had a full charge however) After about 3 minutes of use the screen flickered to a dark gray/black screen then shut off. I could not turn the MBP back on until it was plugged back into the charger and when I started it back up something even more odd then the screen flicker happened. It loaded up as usual but when the finder bar loaded on top of my screen only the icon segment on the right hand side loaded up.... then it started to flicker as well. The finder icon in the dock kept on loading then quiting itself it seemed over and over until I restarted the laptop. What just happened? Any clues?

2. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I would suggest a PRAM Reset. I've witnessed the Finder bar loading partially but it didn't cause any further problems.

3. Aj2488 thread starter macrumors regular

How do you go about performing one of those?

4. n8c macrumors regular

Restart your computer, and hold down the command, option, P, and R keys all at once, until you hear a second startup chime. Then let go.

5. Aj2488 thread starter macrumors regular

Alright I just did the test... That was some sort of battery test? I'm sorry but I've never experienced this before. What exactly did I just test and how do I know if everything is working ok?

6. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

RESET not test, http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1242

7. Aj2488 thread starter macrumors regular