MBP keeps beachballing and making a weird sound

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DAAAAAAAVE, Nov 12, 2009.

1. DAAAAAAAVE macrumors regular

DAAAAAAAVE

For the past few days my MBP has been slow. Ridiculously slow. Beachballing to open safari etc. I have just noticed that as it tries to load things it makes a weird sound. A short burring sounds followed by a long one then a short one. Don't know if that is relevant. Earlier today it froze so i had to do a hard shutdown (hold down the power button) and then it wouldn't boot. I ended up booting it off the snow leopard disc. This problem seemed to start when i started playing wow again but i had it installed for a long time. Could this be heat related?

2. DAAAAAAAVE thread starter macrumors regular

DAAAAAAAVE

now it has started freezing needing a hard restart and then not booting. It will show the white screen with the apple logo then go to a blue one with a little rotating circle like the one under the apple logo on the white screen but just not boot. I booted off the snow leopard cd and re installed and that worked for about a day then it stuffed up again. I then reset the PRAM and the SMC and it booted then just sat there beachballing then froze. Could someone please help? I am about to take it in to a repairer but if anyone has had this happen to them it would be useful to here from you