MBP - Keyboard and Mouse options

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by swamesp, Oct 26, 2011.

1. swamesp macrumors regular

Hello all,

I have 2010 MBP 13" and looking to buy an external monitor as I feel 13" has very less screen space for my usage.

I'm looking to buy keyboard and mouse for this setup. Is there an alternate for apple keyboards and mouse (wireless options)? Any suggestions on this?

I'm fine having a smaller keyboard like in mbp if it could save cost. I saw a smaller one in ebay to be used with ipad. Is that fine to use with mbp?

thanks for all the suggestions.

2. sparkytechwire macrumors newbie

Monitor

Hi, I noticed your thread, today I purchased AOC's e2343F in PCworld/Currys - I hate that shop but if you buy online you can have issues with returns, faults etc.
    I find it very good and with the white background looks very mac'y - It is also available in aluminium for £199 but I thought it was a margin at £129.

3. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

Go with logitech

As far as keyboards go, Apple's Bluetooth keyboard works like a charm. Its small and roughly the same size as your MBP keyboard, so its very easy to adjust to it. If you dont want apple, then go with a Logitech keyboard and mouse setup. Apple's magic mouse is a great design, but doesn't work well and is definitely not worth the $69. Just stay away from that mouse.
    I would suggest getting any recent Logitech mouse and keyboard setup that has the new unifying USB receiver. Its a tiny USB receiver that plugs into your MBP and is barely noticeable and doesnt come in the way. The receiver allows you to wirelessly connect both the keyboard and mouse. Check out the link below. You could go with Logitech's Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, but they will definitely cost more.

Keyboard + Mice: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/keyboards/keyboard-mice-combos/devices/wireless-combo-mk520

If you want to buy separate get these:
    Mice: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/notebook-products/mice/devices/5870

Keyboard (This one is specially made for mac, and is solar powered): http://www.logitech.com/en-us/keyboards/keyboard/devices/wireless-solar-keyboard-k750-mac

4. swamesp thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the informative reply. Nice to see a open feedback about apple mouse. I'm definitely not going for it. By unifying usb, you mean to say one usb receiver for both kb and mouse, that would be nice.

Regarding the KB, I've decided on the solar powered from Logitech, reviews are comparitively good. Any mouse that would unify with this keyboard?

Waiting for thanksgiving holidays.

5. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

If you buy any recent mouse/mice that Logitech released, they all use the unifying receiver. And yes your correct, you only need one unifying receiver to connect both the mouse and keyboard.

6. erad2010 macrumors newbie

The solar powered keyboard looks amazing!

+1 mohsy90

I know have something to purchase..:p